Our teeth are designed to work in harmony so you can eat, speak, and smile comfortably, so our goal is to keep them healthy and intact for as long as possible. Unfortunately, sometimes a situation arises where removing the tooth is the safest and healthiest solution to preserve your overall oral health.
A Dental Team You Can Count On
If you have a tooth that is unsalvageable because of extensive decay, infection, or trauma, Dr. Ryan Rush would recommend removing it. You can be confident that he will explain why he recommends extraction and how it will benefit your long-term oral health.
You can rest easy knowing that our caring team has been helping patients with comfortable tooth extractions for decades. We are all here for you with a gentle word or a hand to hold if you need one. If you need a little more help to relax, we can offer sedation with nitrous oxide to take the edge off your anxiety and provide a stress-free experience.
When Tooth Extraction is Necessary
Some situations where Dr. Rush recommends tooth extraction are:
- Extensive tooth decay that can’t be treated with a crown or filling
- Advanced periodontal disease that has loosened teeth
- Tooth fractures below the gum line
- Crowding caused by wisdom teeth
Our dentist may also recommend removing teeth when planning dental implant placement, preparing for dentures, or planning orthodontic treatment.
Stress-Free Tooth Extractions in Fort Collins, CO
Our dental team understands that facing a tooth extraction can be stressful even when you understand why it’s necessary. For this reason, we offer many ways to ensure that your procedure is efficient and comfortable.
- Potent local anesthetics – Before your procedure, we take time to ensure that the tooth and area we’re treating are completely numb. This ensures you won’t feel any pain and will remain comfortable throughout.
- Nitrous oxide – Also called laughing gas, nitrous oxide is a mild type of sedation that helps you relax during your procedure but doesn’t produce drowsy side effects.
- Leading-edge technology – Dental technology like digital x-rays, intraoral cameras, and 3-D cone beam CT scans help us plan procedures like tooth extractions, making them more efficient and delivering the best possible outcomes.
- Emergency extraction – It’s best to plan your procedure ahead of time, but we don’t always have that luxury. If necessary, we can perform emergency tooth extractions to relieve your pain and protect your oral health.
- Comforting amenities – Everyone appreciates a little pampering, so we offer neck pillows and blankets in all our treatment rooms.
Please Call to Arrange an Appointment
If you are in pain and think you might need a tooth extraction, please call our Fort Collins, CO dental office so we can help you. We also serve the surrounding communities of Loveland, Laporte, Timnath, Wellington, Red Feather, and Cheyenne, WY.