Regardless of all modern developments in dental care, countless Americans still suffer from tooth loss, primarily due to tooth decay, gum disease, or trauma. Traditionally, missing teeth were treated with dentures and bridges. However, these days, more and more patients opt for dental implants to restore mouth function and improve their appearance.
At Ryan Rush DDS PLLC in Fort Collins, CO 80526, we can assess if you are suitable for implants, explain the process to you, and present you with alternatives if needed. If you choose to undergo the process, we will do our best to provide the best results.
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants replace tooth roots. The implants themselves are titanium posts surgically inserted into the jawbone beneath the gum line. Once in position, dental implants allow us to install replacement teeth or bridges to the area.
What Are the Advantages of Dental Implants?
There are multiple advantages to dental implants, such as:
- They are designed to permanently fuse to the bone and feel and look like your own teeth.
- They are more comfortable and eliminate the discomfort and irritation that come with removable dentures.
- They allow you to speak without issues.
- There are fewer eating difficulties as dental implants work just like regular teeth.
- They help enhance your self-esteem because there is nothing to hide in your smile.
- They are durable and, with proper care, can last your lifetime.
- They provide convenience as the implants eliminate the need to remove dentures.
- They provide better oral health as the risk of future tooth decay is considerably reduced.
- There are no hassles involved in cleaning between the teeth, making them less likely to develop cavities.
Are You Suitable for Dental Implants?
To efficiently anchor dental implants, patients must have sufficient bone mass and healthy gums. If your bone density has declined, you may require a bone graft to make your jaw bone durable and dense enough to support an implant. In some instances, patients may need sinus lifts if they do not have the necessary bone height in their top jaw or their sinuses are positioned too near their jawbone.
How Effective Are Dental Implants?
The success rates of dental implants can vary based on a patient’s condition and the jaw area where the implants are inserted. However, in general, dental implants have a high success rate of up to ninety-eight percent.
If you are looking for an enduring way to repair your smile, call us at Ryan Rush, DDS PLLC, Dentist Fort Collins CO 80526, at (970) 223-5393 and schedule an appointment with Dr. Ryan Rush.